To promote the expansion and use of tank containers in the Asian region in an environmentally friendly and safe manner for the benefit of all its stakeholders.
This will be initially achieved through the following actions.
- Establish an interactive @tco website that will inform and assist its members.
- Publicise and demonstrate the multimodal use of tank containers on land especially long distance rail.
- Demonstrate the benefits of tank containers being transported by barge, taking advantage of the extensive river networks in Asia.
- Publicise the sustainability of the tank container as a long life asset, that if correctly maintained will last 20 years and more.
- Publicise the “Green” nature of the tank container and promote that almost 90% can be recycled to at the end of its useful life.
- Promote the use of tank containers as part of a production and inventory management process for chemical companies.
- Produce a list of ” @tco Approved” Cleaning Stations in each region that meet an agreed industry standard.
- Publish articles to compare the supply chain efficiencies and the environmental impact of tank containers, with other forms of bulk liquid transportation.
- Offer help and assistance, as required, to the Asian countries regulatory bodies to align their transportation regulations with the established international rules.
- Act as the major lobby for the tank container industry in the Asia region with Shipping companies, Ports Authorities and Government transportation agencies.
- Organise an annual members meeting in the Region and arrange bi-annual conferences at a major transportation event.
@TCO board of directors
|Name||@tco board position (company affiliation)|
|Graham Wood||Director and Technical Secretary
Managing Director - Davlis Ltd
President - EXSIF Worldwide / Haite
Vice President - TAL International
President - Stolt Tank Containers
Managing Director - Sinochem
General Manager - Fort Vale
President - Silver Cims
Marketing Director - CIMC ENRIC Holdings Ltd
|Professor B Song||Special Advisor|